Monday, November 10, 2008

SICK FIX, LEMURIA, and the Girl Cave

I went to a really awesome show last night at the Girl Cave in DC.  Sick Fix, Lemuria, Gordan Gano's Army, Screaming Females, and Two Funerals played.  Every set was really good and the mood of the show was positive.  It was my first time at the Girl Cave but they have been putting on shows in their basement for awhile.  It is an excellent place for house shows and everyone there was really nice.  I came in towards the end of Two Funeral's set but I wish I would have gotten there earlier because they were really tight.  Sick Fix and Lemuria of course were great and fun to watch, especially Lemuria.   I hadn't really gotten into their stuff before but since the show I have been playing it non-stop.  Check it out:

Below is a link to Lemuria's CD entitled First Collection.  This CD collects their split with Kind of Like Splitting, their Art of the Underground 7", their two songs from a Crafty Records comp, their split with Frame, their self-titled 7", and an acoustic version of The Origamist II.

LEMURIA - FIRST COLLECTION

No comments: