Thursday, November 6, 2008

Breathing Fire - Demo


While I'm on a powerviolence influenced hardcore kick, here is Breathing Fire's 2004 Demo that was rereleased in 2007 by Painkiller.  By the way, Painkiller Records have been really on point with their releases recently putting out stuff like Iron Age, Walls, and Mentally Challenged that you should definitely check out if you haven't already.   Breathing Fire are ex-xFilesx (haha) which were one of my favorite hardcore bands of all time.  They have a new LP out called Years of Lead, which I'm fairly certain is sold-out.  Expect slow and super heavy jams taking influence from bands like Crossed Out.  I know a lot of bands are playing this type of sound right now (Mind Eraser, Trash Talk, Faithealer etc..) but Breathing Fire is definitely a stand out.  Don't get me wrong though,  I like about 90% of the super heavy, "power violence" sounding bands that have been putting stuff out (I was/am kindof in one of them).  These dudes have been playing heavy music for a good while now so they know what sounds really good. Check it out and if you dig it, buy the record!

Breathing Fire - Demo

dl 

No comments: