Friday, December 5, 2008

Saves the Day - Through Being Cool


I'm posting this for nostalgia reasons as well as the fact that it is still one of my favorite albums of all time.  It got played hundreds of times when I was younger and is still relevant when I listen to it today.  Saves the Day is by far my favorite band to listen to when I am taking a long drive and only have time to kill.  I feel like if I discovered this band and album today, never having heard it, it wouldn't instantly become my favorite record.  There are somethings that you can only appreciate because it was once really important to you and it reminds you of simpler times.  This is probably why I will never really appreciate AFI, Brand New, or Leftover Crack.  They are probably good but I didn't get into them during the time where it would have been acceptable.  Maybe there is still hope for you to enjoy this at age 19+, which is why it may still be worth posting. 

SAVES THE DAY - THROUGH BEING COOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I mean, honestly, everyone I've ever met that didn't love Saves the Day was a worthless piece of shit.
[I'm not being serious, obviously, but I can't grasp the fact that anyone could dislike them; its brutally honest, in your face, and everything all-around is phenomenal. By far one of my favorites and you're not the only one reminiscing over them

coldcoldcold said...

essential