Monday, December 22, 2008

Tombs - Split with Planks


I went to the Heart of Winter fest in Richmond last week to check out Tombs and Cough with some friends.  Cough was solid and I enjoyed their set even though I think they were a bit better at Nara with Walls.  Tombs on the other hand blew me away.  This doesn't happen very often for me.  I will walk away from a show and feel like, "yeah, that was good/fun/etc."  Tombs are definitely on "some next level shit."  They were loud, heavy, dark, noisey and no bullshit.  They loaded their equipment fast as shit, played their set, and were done.  For being a only three piece they still manage to bombard with a wall-of-sound.  From what I've been told they have ex-Anodyne vocalist Mike Hill.  Here is their side of their new split with Planks thats only out of like 200 or something.

TOMBS - SPLIT WITH PLANKS

No comments: