Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Prema - Pebble


 This oft overlooked gem is of the krishnacore era, hailing from Philadelphia, PA.  I really like the vocal styling on this record but I could do without some of the chanting and lord Krishna praise towards the end.  It's not that I don't like the mantras that some of the other bands like Shelter and 108 included on their albums, its just on this record they are kinda annoying.  Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong era because I dig these cheesey records.  Anyway, Prema has a pop and rock influenced sound of hardcore.  Definitely reminiscent of their Shelter and 108 brethren (less metal than 108.) Fun fact: Prema is a term for love in Hinduism.  If you like this and the afore mentioned bands, check out Refuse to Fall and Run Devil Run.

 PREMA - PEBBLE

No comments: